Social Media Intern
If you’re studying marketing, public relations, business communications, or a similar field, our latest internship posting could be a great look!
Our Social Media Internship position is an effective way to learn how to leverage the power of social and marketing communications. Properly harnessing the power of social media requires having a unique voice within a client community while offering valuable and relevant content, engaging users, and influencing them through one, if not all, social media outlets.
The Social Media Intern at OVRGRND will be instrumental in increasing the social media presence for our clients, our agency and getting visibility for the brands we work with.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Create and maintain weekly content cycle sheets & editorial calendars
• Communicate exciting and relevant social media news
• Distribute content to various content websites
• Contact Social Media leads and engage with users (Internal & External)
• Internet research to find users/audience and engage on social platforms
• Make continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs, websites, and social media outlets
• Ensure content is well-developed with proper spelling and grammar
• Ensure all graphics are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
• Create image links (also using bit.ly) and ensure all links are functional and up to date
• Respond promptly to comments and email
• Act as a brand ambassador and a link for the company with the online community
• Excellent communication skills
• Solid writing skills
• Bilingual (French & English)
• Creative (great at coming up with new ideas)
• Great proofreading and editing skills
• Friendly, conversational and a team-player
• Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (you’ll be taught everything else!)
• Must be detail-oriented and technologically savvy
• Ability to use word-processing software, Mac Operating System (Photoshop/Illustrator a plus)
This is an unpaid internship but may be eligible for class credit. Estimated weekly hours are 10-20 hours per week (schedule is flexible, however internal communication is required regularly. Intern will work in-office and remotely.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with resume and cover letter (including why you’re interested in Social Media and Online Community Management)
OVRGRND is a growing social media and creative agency helping businesses thrive online. We work with consumer brands; small-medium sized businesses, while also partnering with start-ups to help them connect to customers by developing strong online marketing initiatives and their own brand personalities.